Re: CULT: increase on stalks

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

> From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>
>
> OK for my two cents (not worth two bits)
> For the last three years in a row we have had tiny little fan increase on
> bloomstalks.  I have taken a picture and if I can find it I will post it on
> our website.

	Mike, I am almost sure you are describing proliferations, which as
Lloyd Zurbrigg stated, are very rare.  Since you have more acreage in
irises than most of us, you have a greater opportunity to witness
this strange growth pattern.

	Sometime in the 1970's in the AIS Bulletin, Dr. Zurbrigg submitted a
photo of a proliferation  on a plant he grew.  If we had an index, we
could find it, scan it, and post it.  That picture and the plant in
my garden are the only two proliferations I have seen.

	The other increase from the bloomstalk is underground and therefore
invisible int he early stages.  You can see a proliferation from the
very beginning.

		Walter Moores
		Enid Lake, MS 7/8