Re: Snapping vrs cutting bloomstalks

From: Irisborer@aol.com

wmoores@watervalley.net writes:

<< So, I guess the end result of this discussion is that for there will
 always be 'cutters and snappers.'  >>

Seems to me that Bill Shear (wasn't there a line on Sgt. Pepper's about
introducing the 'one and only Billy Shears??)....  ANYWAY, seems to me that
there is a scientifically valid reason for snapping instead of cutting, which
has to do with disturbing cell walls and therefore inviting rot.

So, cut if you will - but now you can feel guilty about it.

Kathyguest in E. Aurora, NY with 2 feet of white mulch... capped by a layer of
ice and finished with another 12 - 18 inches (still coming) who tries to
ALWAYS snap since she learned this