CULT: Irises and Irids in Hawaii

From: "Mark A. Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

     Welcome to Iris Talk.  I would suspect that some Louisiana Irises
would grow on Hawaii.  We have a member who used to live in Hawaii.
Hopefully, he can help you some.
     You mentioned African Iris.  This is not a "true" Iris, but is a
member of the Iris Family.  African Irises should do great for you.
They are very popular in Florida.  There is a white form with some
purple and yellow on the blooms, and there is a yellow form with maroon
blotches.  Both are pretty.
     Two other members of the Iris Family you may wish to try is
Neomarica and Trimezia.  Neomarica has purple/white blooms.  Trimezia is
yellow with brown speckles.  Both should be available in Hawaii.
     Since you like Daylilies, you may wish to check out my small Web
Site at http://daylily.net/gardens/tallpine.htm  This is a private
garden.  Also, you could consider joining Hem-Gathering, which is also
on Onelist.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.	[Low 26 F  Sub Freezing for 13 hours.]