AIS: Iris of the Milennium (sic)

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

I got the following from someone at ARETT SALES CORP. (They distribute to
retail garden centers - www.arettcorp.com)

Ellyn Shatz wrote:

> I am writing a blurb on the Year 2000 and was wondering if an Iris of the
> Milennium has been selected.  Do you know who I would contact regarding this
> information?  Please email me back.

Anybody know of anything?

My answer was (and considering some of our recent posts I had to have a little
fun with her)

> Not that I have heard of. There are two main Iris Societies - the American
> Iris Society (AIS) and the British Iris Society (BIS). The two societies are
> linked but I don't know the details. Neither, to my knowledge, have
> designated, or even sought to designate, a millennium iris (of course the
> millennium doesn't start until Jan 1,2001 so they 2 years to think about it).
> But I don't think so. There has been no call for nominations, and they are
> both so slow at things, one would have expected to hear something by now.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Visit my website at:
http://members.home.net/jijones

To reply to me personally click on