Iris-Talk Iris of the Milennium

From: "BillSmoot" <BillSmoot@email.msn.com>

John wrote:

>There are two main Iris Societies - the American Iris Society (AIS) >and
the British Iris Society (BIS). The two societies are
> linked but I don't know the details. Neither, to my knowledge, have
> designated, or even sought to designate, a millennium iris (of >course the
millennium doesn't start until Jan 1,2001 so they 2 years >to think about
it).  But I don't think so. There has been no call for >nominations, and
they are both so slow at things, one would have >expected to hear something
by now.

     How about Iris-Talk listers declaring OUR  own "Iris for the
Millenium"?  Sounds like a project the could all contemplate as we try to
keep warm...  AND it would be a good job for Irisborer to keep tract of
since we all know she tends to get into trouble when she's not busy! <grin>

     And the nominations are . . . . . .

Warm regards,
Bill Smoot

Bored? then check out   www.irises.com