Iris of the Millennium & You might be in Buffalo if.......

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 1/6/99 12:32:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, HIPSource@aol.com

<< But my guess is The Borer probably has enough to keep her busy at this time
 since she is in Buffalo and up to her armpits in snow.   >>

Indeed.... and the prediction is for SNOW.

But this sounds like a fun project - and I'd be interested to field some
thoughts on the subject....

And I'd like to thank Mr. Smoot for thinking up things for me to do  (:

Now... you might have seen us featured on the Weather Channel.  We've had a
storm or two (or three), measured in FEET.  But, unless you call in 'dead', in
Buffalo life goes on and it's business as usual....

You might be in Buffalo if.....

you opt to go through red lights rather  than hazard stepping on your brakes
and effecting a 'revenuer's turn' (think "Dukes of Hazard")

you opt to stop at green lights in case someone is going through the red light

you have to get into the intersection in order to see oncoming traffic due to
the high snow banks

a 'driving ban' means everyone but you is not allowed to drive

you have to throw snow into the street because the banks are too high

the plow promptly deposits it right back into your driveway

you dig our your old cowboy boots because they're the only thing high enough
to keep the snow out

you turn a corner by gunning your engine and hoping you slide the way you plan
to slide

you have an arsenal of war stories like this that will carry you over till the
next big storm!

Kathy Guest.... exporting some of her fine whines
from East Aurora, NY