Re: HIST: Iris of the Millennium

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

I agree that pseudacorus is a good one, especially if our criteria is the
most enduring iris for the millennium (and beyond).  But what are we looking
for in terms of a millennium iris?  Is it an iris that spans the millennium?
Is it an iris that represents a major breakthrough and changed the way we
look at irises (e.g., space-age, broken colour, Huber irises)?  Or is it the
iris that represents the pinnacle of achievement on which the new millennium
irises might be based?

Maureen Mark
mailto:mmark@ottawa.com
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)  (where the snow plows are still working hard at,
but almost finished,  clearing away the results of Sunday's storm)