Re: HIST: Indian Hills

From: HIPSource@aol.com

mlowe@worldiris.com writes:

<< Take a peek at the pic on the HIPS website. It has, perhaps, more red to
 the purple than the transparency, certainly more red than I seem to
 remember from the garden.>>

Yes, that is darker and much more wine-y than my photograph which seems to be
pretty accurate to what I recall my INDIAN HILLS looking like. I went and got
my small magnifying class--Santie brought me three new ones so I could see
stuff better--and what looks to be white style crests in my photo is actually,
upon close examination, revealed to be the underside of the style arms. My
style crests are also purple. The beard looks about right with the color in
the throat, and the markings surround the beard are to approximately the same
degree.

I shall mail my photograph to Mike today and he can look at it and if he
thinks it looks to be the same thing as he recalls from his garden, and if he
can get it to scan with any degree of fidelity, and if he wants to mess with
it, we could have them both up on the page side by side as an example of the
limits of photography and the challenges we face with this sort of question.

Anner Whitehead
HIPSource@aol.com