Re: Snapping vrs cutting bloomstalks

From: Mike00Rita@aol.com

Hi Kathy

     I too learned at a very young age (5 or 6) to snap the stocks by an aunt
and uncle who had a small commercial garden. I have over time learned that all
iris are not created equally nor are soil conditions, so like our languages,
spoken and written there are exceptions.

     As I watch the weather reports around the world it interesting to observe
what is happening where. I didn't have to half guess that the Buffalo, NY area
would finally get the snow and icy wind sometime this winter. I do find it
interesting that within 3 miles of where I live that temps, rainfall and soil
conditions can vary so much.

      How much snow is in Moscow, Russia right now. I'm sure it is cold and
windy. Parts of Australia like North America, is so big that there is no such
thing as everyone on that continent experiencing the same weather. Hurrah for
the differences.

      I checked the unguicularis yesterday- foliage-healthy, buds-none. PHEWY

		Lots of seed catalogs coming in.

Rita B
Zone 7 Western Washington