Re: HYB: Reciprocal Crosses

From: Vicki Craig <craigiris@earthlink.net>

May I add our experiences.  We work almost exclusively with I. aphylla
derivitives and we have found quite a difference in the results of reciprocal
crosses among our seedlings.

Another thing we have noticed,  in our hybridizing, has been that subsequent
same crosses seem to rarely produce the high quality  seedlings that we have
gotten the first time arround.   ???

Never a dull moment !  Bless Mother Nature with all her idiosyncrasies (sp)
Vicki