Re: OT: K-Mart irises going cheap

From: StorYlade@aol.com

I believe in gardening Henry Mitchell style: read the directions, do a
lot of specialized planning, then impulse buy dying plants at the mart.
:)  Sort of like planning crosses in the winter, then running around
putting pollen on what's actual been able to bloom in spite of the

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA

You describe it all so well--it's almost like you were there beside me!  Only
I bought Dover Beach last year at Lowes--smiling smuggly because I knew how to
pick out the best of the bad plants!  (I'd foolishly let it go a few years
back and found nothing that replaced it.)

But, really Linda!  When the right two irises bloom, at precisely the right
time, we'll be ready!  (If it takes ten years)!  My life is filled with sticky
notes--a cross here and a cross there.  Ah, well, I don't even have that plant
anymore.  LOL