Re: AIS:Iris of the Millennium

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>The question that has been bouncing around in my brain cells is: Are we
naming
>the iris of the millenium we are in or the one to lead off the next
millenium,
>and is the next millenium the 2d or the 3d?
>John

I'll go through it slowly:
The 1st Millenium was ........the thousand years from 1AD to 1000AD

The 2nd Millenium was(is) ....................from 1001AD to 2000AD

The 3rd millenium is (will be) ...............from 2001AD to 3000AD,
even though many of us will be celebrating it a year earlier.

 Many people call the year that they are age 'X' their 'Xth' year. This
creates problems with regards to what you were doing for that year of
your life between being born and turning one.
Sorry to be so pedantic. It just doesn't seem that difficult. :-))
Cheers, Jan