Re: Iris-Talk Iris of the Milennium

From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>

	Linda M. wrote:

>Is PROGENITOR the reichenbachii F1 descendant?  If so, I'd vote for it,
>but I am admittedly biased toward fitness rather than flower.

	Is there a vote to be cast? I thought we were just having fun. :)
	I have to cast a more serious eye to these 'iris of the millenium'
	posts in that case.

	Perhaps we need two winners - species and hybrid. Linda can vote
	for the one who succeeds in her inhospitable iris climate and I
	can vote for ? - maybe I. pumila and WHITE SWIRL (Siberian grandmother
	of almost all modern Siberians hybrids).

	I do like the idea of both Ii. pallida and pseudacorus but balk at
	having a TB hybrid as the iris of the millenium. Hey, some of us
	have a climate that showcases other classes of irises...like me in the
	tundra. :(

	Cheers,

	Ellen (happy in her Zone 3 winter wonderland with nary a iris to be
		seen or any other plant for many months)