Re: CULT: Multiple Stalks

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Just to add my bit to the discussion.  Schreiner's does sell a few cultivars
that they claim have multiple bloom stalks on the same rhizome.  This
feature counterbalances the fact that each bloom stalk has fewer buds than
Schreiner's usually likes to see before introducing an iris.  CELEBRATION
SONG is the only one that I have that is supposed to do this.  I have grown
it for a few years now and it has never thrown up more than one bloom stalk
per rhizome.  I recall that MYSTIC MUSE is supposed to do this too.  Perhaps
the multiple bloom stalks is a combination of genetics and

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)