Re: CULT: Multiple Stalks

From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>

Winter rebloom stalks will often times produce what appears to be more than
one stalk per rhizome.  Most of the time if you dig down deep enough you
find that it really is only one stalk that has branched out at the very base
of the stalk.  We have had a few that send up stalks from the same rhizome
at about two weeks apart.  IMHO to have a true multiple stalk per rhizome
plant, it seems that the stalks should develop and bloom at a different
time.  HONEY SCOOP does this more than any flower we have.  CELEBRATION SONG
has never done it for us and we have a lot of it lined out.  Some of the
intros we got from Schreiner's last year are supposed to do this also, we
will see in spring.