CULT:Perlite and pH

From: "Rodney Barton" <rbarton@hsc.unt.edu>

Does perlite have an effect on pH?  I added some perlite to my standard potting mix to lighten it up for some PCNI seedlings.  The seedlings are growing but they are quite yellow.  I'm wondering if the perlite has raised the pH of my mix, causing the chlorosis.

Rodney Barton
Hickory Creek, (North Central) Texas, USA
Zone 7/8, typical temp range 15 - 105 F (-9 - 41 C)

North American Native Iris Web Page: