Re: HYB: Reciprocal Crosses

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>Guess that would be a good HYB 301 homework assignment -- determine
>any of your TB breeding stock has a maternal line that is traceable
back to species.  [Assuming, of course, that no stray bit of pollen
contaminated any cross down through the generations.]

Is this an oops, Sharon? I can't see how stray pollen would effect
tracing the maternal line. Mixed seeds, tags, etc. might, but not mixed
BTW I would be interested in a detailed description of JUST FOR JAN. I
have never heard of this iris before. If it is available here it is a
'must have'. It would certainly confuse the tag reading visitors in my
Cheers, Jan