Re: Iris of the Millenium

Dear List Members,

It seems that in considering what might be an appropriate iris for the Millenium, what has popped first into most minds has been iris which have had an important influence on hybridizing.  What popped first into mine, however, was the notion that we might choose that iris which seemed the most beautiful. There seem to be several iris which turn up repeatedly toward the top of any list of the most popular iris.  Why not vote on one of those? In that way the iris of the Millenium would celebrate what we believe to be the most succesful fruit of the hybridizers art over this century which has seen so much happen in the genus.

Just a thought.

Julia Rankin
California SZ !-3