Cult: near-dead dept. store iris

From: Iarejan@aol.com

Ok, talkers...
     After all that snickering and giggling about almost dead iris in K-Mart,
I have a confession to make.   I went to Lowe's today and ...yes...I made two
mercy-purchases of near-dead rhizomes...but wait!    Before you start
smirking...they were Dover Beach with one green leaf left and Lullaby of
Spring with two very green fanlets left and well they were 47 cents, fer
cryin' out loud!  What irisarian with a heart would deny them a chance for a
home and actual growth?
47 cents each!
     And so, after a half day soaking in some nice water and a cozy pot for
them to sleep in, I will keep them indoors and be an optimist.

Janet Natale
zone 8 of South Carolina where it's warm enough today to pretend it's early
spring.