Re: CULT: Proliferation and Siamese

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

Gerry Snyder wrote:
> I couldn't find the link. Did it disappear momentarily? I clicked on every link
> I could find on the page.
> A more general question: is there a reason not to give the URL of the picture
> itself (if referring to only one), or to the page just above the pix (if
> multiples are being referred to, as here)? It never seems to be done--people
> just give the URL of the home page involved. Since the practice is universal
> there must be a reason. Inquiring minds want to know. The truth is out there....

I don't know what the problem is. Some folks get through just fine, others are
having problems. For instance, Joanne's system, through a different ISP than
mine wasn't getting the updated page last night, others were. Wierd. May be a
cache problem.

The general answer is that by giving a "home page" or top level URL, an
individual page master can move things around in his hierarchy and you will
still be able to find it by following his new links, as opposed to getting
back a "page not found" message if you are going directly into a page deep in
the structure.

At any rate the specific URL is:

Thanks for the feed back

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)