Re: LA: SPEC: Irises for Florida.

From: "Mark A. Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca wrote:
> Mark, only I virginica var virginica will grow in the south US. I hope
> you remember there was a discussion about this a year or 2 ago in
> Iris-L. I virginica var shrevei won't grow there.

     I have a couple unknown Virginicas, and I have DOTTIE'S DOUBLE, and
var. ALBA.  So far, all look good, and have shown increase.  DOTTIES
DOUBLE bloomed this spring.
     I do have Iris virginica var. SHREVEI, which came from coastal
South Carolina.  It looks good so far, but if it dies, I will let you
all know.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.