Re: AIS RVP and Region 16 (humour)

From: Sandy Ives <rives@home.com>

If I didn't know better (a lot better I might add), I would suspect
Kathy Guest was our RVP:-).  Instead, it's Kathy Boyko in a thankful
role; thankfully, she has it, I don't.

So... we have to watch out for intruders from Region 1, Region 2, Region
3, Region 6, Region 8, Region 11, Region 13, Region 14, and Region 21.
Oh well, bin dere, done dat.

More seriously, Region 16 has real problems with respect to climate and
geography.  Many AIS/CIS members would be best served within the AIS by
having close ties with their neighbours.  This is particularly notable
with Region 16 and Region 2 (New York).  (Attn: Chris Hollinshead; do
you have the geographic breakdown available for CIS members in S.
Ontario vs the rest of the country?)  Those CIS members east of Ontario
would have much in common with Region 1, those members in N. Ontario
with Region 8, those members west of Ontario with Region 11,  and those
in British Columbia with Region 13.

However...Walter, I WILL nominate you when the post becomes open for the
excellent reasons you yourself provided.

Sandy Ives in Ottawa Ontario Canada (Region 16 and zone 4... where the
white mulch has us in fortress mentality!)