Re: CULT: Store bought irises

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 1/10/1999 5:01:36 PM Central Standard Time,
HIPSource@aol.com writes:

<< She said that they
  buy up excess irises and sell them that way because "that's what the public
  wants".  >> >>

Can it be that we loyal irisarians are not doing our duty to educate the
general public about the value and virtue of buying good irises?  Do we talk
to each other at the exclusion of the "public"?  No! No!  Say, " it ain't so!"

Maybe our new years resolutions should be to educate more neophytes about
iris.  Our alternative?  Set up pickets in the parking lots of the various
Marts proclaiming "cruelty to irises"?  Hum?  That has a ring to it!

Betty