Re: CULT: Store bought irises

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 1/10/1999 4:54:42 PM Central Standard Time,
janclarx@hotmail.com writes:

<< ("They weren't what it said on the packet", "They
 died, even though I gave them plenty of water", "They all turned white"
 etc.) >>

You hear this stuff a lot, at iris shows and rhizome sales, around here.  It
turns a lot of people off to irises.  Then the nurseries tell me the nature of
the iris makes it a difficult plant for them to carry.  If the nurseries know
of local iris suppliers, they will often refer people.  The nice ones around
here do, any way.  They figure it keeps a customer happy.

Betty