Re: CULT: Store bought irises

From: RYFigge@aol.com

Jan, that is certainly a diabolical idea!  I wonder if the irises would come
full circle and end up with their correct name???  Many years ago I, as
president, asked a certain garden center if we could hold our sale there.  I
nearly fainted when they agreed, because they had always turned down the idea
before. For a number of years they stopped selling the "carton-boxed irises"
in deference to us  -- but under the younger family members, I notice they
have started up again.  Maybe a word in the correct ear would help??? I doubt
it, the younger generation knows-it-all and there is no sentiment for the
past, I'm afraid.  Such cynicism or is it old age creeping thru with a
generation gap??      Rosalie nr Baltimore