Re: Millennium Lists (and the Grouch continues...)

From: Sandy Ives <rives@home.com>

As per Chris, I think we will need to add another list to the list. :-)

7. A list of outstanding iris for which there is a fossil record.

Here are the initial possible entries to this list:
                I. escheri
                I. latifolia
                I. pseudacorus

(based on five minutes of searching 'paleobotany'; additional entries

-The Grouch replies  "The broad powerful stroke of nature in this era
(Pleistocene) was last evidenced by the ice age.  Twelve thousand years
of relative inactivity (10K in Wisconson, and we are still stuck with
Iris pseudacorus)."

"In comparison, human intervention over the last century makes nature
appear to be a piker, at least with respect to iris development.  And
our method of record preservation is easier to store."

Sandy Ives in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (where the ice was once a
kilometer high... but that was last year.)