SPEC: Virginicas in Florida.

From: "Mark A. Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

Dennis Kramb wrote:
> Just a moment.  I thought DOTTIE'S DOUBLE *was* a form of Virginica
>var. shrevei.  And if var. shrevei is found native in S. Carolina, it
>seems awfully unlikely to me that it would die in Florida.  This is an
>intriguing thread!

     Let me clear this up a little.  My plant of DOTTIE'S DOUBLE came
from Pine Ridge Gardens in Arkansas.  I did not know that it is a form
of var. Shrevei.  My Iris virginica var. Shrevei came from a garden in
coastal South Carolina.  I don't know whether or not it is native there.
Sorry for the mix-up.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.	[39 F now.  Freeze #10 coming tonight]