Re: CULT: Store bought irises

From: "janet & shan" <shan@montana.net>

Our local Iris Sale sells to one of the nurserys in the area.  We started
last summer by selling $50.00 of mixed named iris and this year we sold
$150.00 including dwarf iris.  We identified the iris,name color etc and
they potted them up for sale this year in the community with reference to
the iris club.  We picked the iris for them with a mixture of historics and
newer ones.  That was a win-win situation where we both benfited from the
transaction.  They received healthy iris that were grown local and we
increased our sales.  Also we were able to get referrals to the iris club
with local interest.  We will be calling the local nurserys this year to
alert them of our sale in August at the Farmers Market and create local
interest as well.  Janet & Shan in Billings where the snow is over for
awhile.