Re: CULT: New Year Disaster

From: DWiris@aol.com

Hi

I'm finally trying to catch up with iris-talk messages and really sympathized
with others who had cattle, horse, pig and deer problems.  We live in a fairly
well built-up suburb, but still have many deer problems.  The biggest
surprise, several years ago, was shortly after transplanting dwarf iris
seedlings in rows, we went to the planting one morning and found it looking
like someone had rototilled through it.  What we discovered was that two bucks
had fought for the territory in the middle of the irises.  On the way out of
the yard, the winner scraped a young tree on the tree lawn to mark his
territory.  That tree has not grown as well as others and has a large scar on
the trunk.

Dorothy Willott