Re: LA: SPEC: Irises for Florida.

From: dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca

On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Mark A. Cook wrote:

> dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca wrote:
> > Mark, only I virginica var virginica will grow in the south US. I hope
> > you remember there was a discussion about this a year or 2 ago in
> > Iris-L. I virginica var shrevei won't grow there.
>
> Diana,
>      I have a couple unknown Virginicas, and I have DOTTIE'S DOUBLE, and
> var. ALBA.  So far, all look good, and have shown increase.  DOTTIES
> DOUBLE bloomed this spring.
>      I do have Iris virginica var. SHREVEI, which came from coastal
> South Carolina.  It looks good so far, but if it dies, I will let you
> all know. Mark A. Cook billc@atlantic.net Dunnellon, Florida.

Mark, I will be really interested to hear how this does. If it dies send
it to me and maybe I could resusitate it. I'm listening too hard to the
discussions on buying dead irises in plastic bags and how to get them
going again. If it lives I hope you will send a picture. Actually I've
got some Ivvs seedlings coming into their second year this spring so I
might have pictures myself.

--
Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca> <- private email address
cold edge of Zone 4 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

URL for the North American Native Irises web page
http://molly.hsc.unt.edu/~rbarton/Iris/NANI.html