Re: CULT: soaking TBs

From: Wjobe@aol.com

When I move (and that has been often!) I dig early and put the rhizomes in the
cardboard cut offs that cola and beer are in at the store. First, they need to
be dry and they need air circulation,  since they then go into large boxes for
They have been known to be in the boxes for a month, before we get them
Here in KY, we had to ,next, get the beds ready.  That took a couple months
we got started. First we had to get the pond in and a fence put up.  The iris
VERY DRY.  I tried to give the neighbor some. She thought they were dead!
were all brown and shriveled.  I told her to go ahead and plant them.  Anyway
most people would have thrown them out, if they didn't know iris!!  I did not
them!!  I've found that just causes rot a lot of times.  I just, finally,
planted them.
They started growing new leaves in about 10 days!!  Some were just starting to
a month later  and some, just before Thanksgiving, were showing growth.
The neighbor was amazed that hers grew!!

Leslie  in KY