Re: OT-BIO-Gene Buhrmester

From: Jim Ryan <jrryan@richnet.net>

DWiris@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Gene,
> Welcome to iris-talk.  I have a suggestion that might be helpful.  It is not
> terribly far from Lima to Mansfield where the Central Ohio Iris Society meets.
> I don't know when they meet, but they always have an iris show at Kingwood
> Center on the weekend closest to Memorial Day.  It is a two-day show, but the
> best time to visit would be on Saturday afternoon, after judging has been
> completed, but blooms are still fresh.  You should be able to talk to some of
> the members and compare notes.

Gene , The Central Ohio Iris Society has used the Kingwood Center as their meeting

place for many years . Our Spring meeting will be April 25th , we try to have a
hybridizer / grower as our guest speaker , the meetings begin at 1 PM and usually
end by 4 PM . The show this year will be May 29th & 30th , the doors open on
Saturday to the public at 1 PM after judging and close at 5 PM. On Sunday the
are open from 10 AM to 5 PM . Our annual auction (OPEN TO THE PUBLIC) will be
on Aug. 1st , it starts at 1:30 PM until all the iris are gone. Our Fall meeting
will be on
Aug. 29th , we have a pot luck meal and a good time .
         The Central Ohio Iris Society will be the host for the Region 6 Spring
Y2K meeting.
We will have guest gardens with over 100 new varieties of Iris from 15 top
hybridizers from
around Region 6 and the country . Watch the list for information and dates .

Jim Ryan , Region 6
V.P. Central Ohio Iris Society
Galion, Oh