Re: LA: Reblooming Louisianas

I received RED DAZZLER (P. Hale 69) from Frank Jones in 1989. It was a dependable rebloomer for Frank and was a late, but dependable rebloomer for me.

Unfortunately, just after resetting the clump in 94 (kept three rhizomes -- composted the rest) it was devoured by voles. I have finally given up on LAs, they seem to be a favorite vole food (along with expensive hostas!). I plant hostas in 3/8 inch wire mesh cages -- the LAs spread too much to be able to use that method with them.

Cheers,

Mike, mlowe@worldiris.com -- http://www.worldiris.com
South Central Virginia, USA; USDA Zone 7A