Re: CULT: store bought iris

From: Starlord@QNET.COM (Slc.Dennis Bishop)

>From: "Julia Rankin" <breckenridge@bnis.net>
>
>Tulips and daffodils are marketed in boxes with attractive and colorful =
>pictures of each plant correctly labeled. Iris could be marketed in =
>individual plastic bags with plenty of holes for aeration and with a =
>good picture of each plant. I believe the marketing of fall bulbs is =

 This last fall, down at the Wal-Mart in Lancaster,Ca. they DID
have some Iris in just such a display,(well I can only guess they
might have been labled right, I'll find out myself), and within
about 30 days they had sold all the Iris. At the same time, the
Armstrong centers were running an ad in the newspapers, for
"Named" TBI's from $1.50 to $3.00 a plant. Couldn't get down to
one to see them, but the ad was in ALL major L.A. area papers.

Dahliaman

(Doing the Big Dob Dance)

|470 20th ST West #23    | Japanese  Bobtails | Dahlia-net          |
|Rosamond,Ca.93560       | Home Rasied JBT's  | Canna-net           |
|starlord@qnet.com       |                    | Astronomy/SIAR-L    |