Re: No RVP

From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>

>On the other hand, if you have elected an outstanding and willing worker
>who happens to reside a short walk past the boundary of the region, keep
>your mouths shut and the adjoining region won't be tempted to steal the
>paragon.

	I have been following this thread and reading all posts with
	interest since I agree with the person (from Canada?) that climate
	is the far more important factor in the regions than a specific
	area meaning state or country boundaries.

	I wish someone (the AIS Board ?) would change the Regions to reflect
	reality. I like my Region but 85% of people in Region I have no more
	in common with my climate than does Pennsylvania. I would MUCH rather
	be in a region that includes Quebec, northern upstate NY, northern
	Maine (we have that now but not really....no one attends the Maine
	Iris Society meetings who lives north of Bangor). That makes only 1/3
	of the state of Maine attending any kind of iris society function.

	*I may be alone in this but I could care less where the RVP lives
	or whether I even know him/her....I want to be in a region that
	is primarily USDA Zones 3 and 4...yes, indeed. Maybe Canada will
	adopt me since I live much closer to Canada than I do to
	Massachusetts.

	There are still some things to be thankful for in this world. :)

	Grinning,

	Ellen (born in Massachusetts and also went to college there - maybe
		I have frostbite and am delirious....very cold here)