Re: CULT: store bought iris

From: StorYlade@aol.com

Hi All,

In 1994 (or 1995), Schreiner's distributed irises in very nice boxes,
correctly named, and with pictures.  One to the box, I think. Hum! ?
(Scratching head) A large and very well done display, with rows of
individually boxed irises, was provided at a local nursery in Bowling Green.
If memory serves, they offered Michigan Pride, Superstition and others I can
no longer remember--the best offering I have seen in boxes.  Surely, someone
else saw them too?

David Schreiner was guest speaker and judges training person at Region 7's
fall meeting in 1995.  I congratulated him on the iris display, told him I
thought it was a good marketing tool, and that I thought it was an idea long
over due.

David said it was one of several new marketing ideas they had tried.  When I
told him I thought it should be a success and looked forward to seeing the
display in the nursery each year, he said something to the effect that it
hadn't gone too well and he wasn't sure they would do it again.

I haven't seen the display since.  If it had been economically feasible,
surely they would have continued.