Re: Millennium Iris

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

John Coble wrote:
>I'll nominate  WABASH. This is the iris that seems to have broken the
>barrier between what had been just 'blue flags and yellow flags' in
>American gardens and brought attention to the new colors and forms of
>iris.  I think WABASH is responsible for bringing Iris to public
>attention.   (I will agree that at the end of the millennium, >STEPPING
OUT is now the our best publicity).

May I suggest that a list be made of all the nominations for iris of the
Millenium, regardless of individual opinion as to selection criteria.
The result could then be decided by 'secret' ballot, each voter sending
his/her vote privately to the person prepared to do the counting (if we
can dig her out of the snow :-))). The final list could then be put up
later in the year.
Jan Clark