TB: Store bought Irises.

From: "Mark A. Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

Most of the Irises I purchased when I lived in KY were from Iris
nursuries or the Bluegrass Iris Society sale.  Two notable store
purchases were:

1.  A packaged Iris at a grocery store.  Cost:  $1.68.  The Iris was
labeled as "Staten Island."  Turned out to be LORELEY.

2.  One fall, from a bin of $0.99 Irises, I selected a rhizome labeled
PIPING HOT.  Result was Best Specimen of Show the next spring.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.	[Low 31 F, High 74 F]