From: "Leroy Kriese" <ambrosia@silk.net>

They say when you hear your name spoken your ears perk up, or burn,
something like that!

Maureen Mark wrote:
>As Sandy has already mentioned, Region 16 covers a lot of area.  However,
>activities are generally held around SW Ontario.  While this is central and
>the majority of members are in Ontario, it leaves people like Leroy in BC
>stranded or significantly out-of-pocket.

That's me so I figured I better wake up! Don't really know much about the
system in the AIS even though I have been a member for some 7 years now. It
has not had much bearing on me because I can not take part in a lot of the
activities and there is not any iris clubs here. I do vote for iris but not
people. I would try to get something going but with the nursery I don't ever
have much time. Its that Sunshine Tax you know, us younguns all have to work
so hard. We have a high retired persons population in the Okanagan though.

I guess I am sort of a lame duck that has to stay and survive the winter.
There has been some talk about forming a BC iris society but I doubt it will
ever get off the ground. As for RVP I would have to research just what they
are and what they do before I could comment. But I agree that borders are
insignificant or at least should be.

Hey, is there anyone in North Washington out there? I make two or three
trips a season down to Orville to put plants into the US Postal system. I
sort of make a day of it and its a nice drive...

Now back to my slumber, Maureen!

Leroy Kriese  Ambrosia Gardens  Vernon, BC  CANADA    Zone 5