Re: was marketing...now Publicity

Dear Glenn,
I am not sure what other AIS clubs do, but some obvious moves are ads in the local paper, letting  other area garden clubs and societies know about it, letting local nurseries know -- maybe they would even post a flyer for their customers to see, and letting the schools know -- the high schools home ec departments could receive a flyer. Just print a flyer and send it to all likely destinations.
-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Simmons <glsimmon@swbell.net>
To: iris-talk@onelist.com <iris-talk@onelist.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 10:43 AM
Subject: [iris-talk] Re: was marketing...now Publicity

From: Glenn Simmons

Julia Rankin wrote:

..................AIS efforts to educate the public reach only a tiny fraction of people who have yards with plants in them in this country. I only know AIS exists because I subscribed for a while to Horticulture -- and most people don't. I am nearly 60 and have never seen a notice for an AIS event. ..................

Julia Rankin

Good points Julia.  I would like to add that I have never seen anything pertaining to any AIS type event publicized outside the AIS bulletin or local club newsletter.  This conversation has got me to thinking about "Publicity!"  My wife, Linda, has just been appointed Publicity Chairperson for our local club.  Neither Linda or myself has had any experience at this before and Linda is the first person in our club to hold this position.  How do other clubs handle publicity for shows and sales?  How do you all bring in non club/AIS members to these events?

Glenn & Linda Simmons
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------ To unsubscribe from this mailing list, or to change your subscription to digest, go to the ONElist web site, at http://www.onelist.com and select the User Center link from the menu bar on the left.