Re: Educating

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 1/13/1999 12:08:31 PM Central Standard Time,
prw@televar.com writes:

<<  I found many people could not afford the
 catalogs at $5.00 plus the cost of an iris and the shipping but they
 could buy one iris from a free catalog or list.  >>

Sometimes the answer to this is a pooled order.  If you plan to order or know
someone who does, invites friends, neighbors, and total strangers (be sure you
get a phone #) to be included on your order.

<< Think back, what got you hooked on iris?   >>

The year I was 14, I was invited to ride to church with a next door neighnor
that grew about everything you could imagine.  One Sunday morning in late
April, I spotted an iris in her garden.  I had no clue what it was, but Mrs.
Hawkins was quick to explain and invited me to dig some in the summer.  The
house was a rental that belonged to my dad.  After the couple moved on, I dug
many things left in the garden.  But none had the effect on me that the bi-
tone blue iris did.

My irises will have high visibility this spring.  I only hope they aren't to
stunted from the move to bloom.

Betty from Bowling Green--
who's always ready to talk to ANYONE about irises AND to show them how to make
a cross.