John I Jones wrote:

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

I get some strange mail. How this person ever found my address is beyond me -
but it is sort of an interesting question.

******
H. Reed Lewis wrote:

>  A friend of mine has questioned the origin of the symbolism of the
> three petals of the iris. She has noted that the iris is used by some as
> a symbol for the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, while some regard
> the iris as having a petal for each trait: valor, wisdom, and purity.
>
>  Have you an idea where we can find reference to the origins of either
> lore, and of the relationship to the fleur-de-lis?

******

So, anyone have any thoughts?

John                     | "There be dragons here"
                         |  Annotation used by ancient cartographers
                         |  to indicate the edge of the known world.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Visit my website at:
http://members.home.net/jijones

To reply to me personally click on