Re: HIST: Origin of Iris Symbolism

From: RYFigge@aol.com

John, I have already "written" Kathy that Clarence Mahan wrote an extensive
article in ROOTS recently for HIPS on this very subject. I'll try to find  the
exact reference==It is too far buried in my papers,  so I phoned Clarence
Mahan and the article is in the last issue of ROOTS - Clarence also suggested
going into the internet and "ask" for fleur-de-lis and  the annd you'll be
overwhelmed with the volumes of information given.  And the Ency.Brit. doesn't
even mention iris on the subject.   Rosalie nr Baltimore    zone 7