HYB:HIST: figuring out the ancestors

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

In offlist help from Sharon McAllister, she sez that the book GARDEN
IRISES has an appendix of chromosome counts that is helpful in sorting
out heredity of ancestral cultivars that don't go all the way to back to
species in the checklists.  At least the diploids, triploids, and
tetraploids can be sorted out.

Sharon, others, is this a huge appendix?  Is it small enough to scan &
post?

Mike Lowe - every time I go to the HIPS page, I think of a million more
things I wish were there which makes me think of and be grateful for all
the work that has already gone into getting what's on the site out where
I can get at it.  It is truly a wonderful service - thanks again.  Even
tho it slows down loading the pedigrees, I LOVE the included beauty
shots.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
wishing I had all the ancestral lines of every iris growing out in my
torture chamber/garden so I could watch them get frozen and see what
they do next.  Balmy and wet today.