Re: HYB: Rolling the Dice

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 1/14/1999 6:48:06 AM Central Standard Time,
73372.1745@compuserve.com writes:

<< But even that is a guesstimate.  We're rolling the dice.  The important
 thing is to make the crosses, grow the seedlings and have fun! >>

But when we're talking about irises, some of us (me) find fun even in the
guesstimating.  Especially in January, when the temperature outside has dipped
below freezing again, in spite of the weatherman's warm promises.

Thanks for all the math.  The results came out about as I expected.  Oh, well,
guess I can hope for happenstance.  Until then, I'm the one with her face
glued to the window each morning at daybreak, during bloom season (if nothing
new has opened my tour of the garden can wait until I've had my coffee).  I
won't admit to carrying a flashlight around at night.  No self respecting iris
opens it's petal until dawn.

Betty . . .