Re: was marketing...now Publicity

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 1/14/1999 9:18:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
StorYlade@aol.com writes:

<< We have a large banner, donated by a local business, that
 goes up the day or day before the show--at the location.  Beat puting a carny
 guy in the street with a megaphone.

Great idea.... and easy to do!  In my experience, most people WANT to come to
iris shows... and sales, for that matter.  But I read some stats once that you
have to have to send out seven PR notices in order to get a good return and
good attendance.  So, some ideas might be:

1.  direct mail
2.  newspaper article
3.  tv mention
4.  radio mention
5.  banner/sign

....  what else??  I'm loving this discussion.  I look at everything as being
"part of the problem, or part of the solution"..... and this list is very
definately on the solution side!

Kathy Guest.... who wishes they would close HER work so that she could stay
home like sweet Lenny the teacher and begin working on this very cool project
in the Buffalo Burbs