Re: Educating the Educators

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 1/15/99 9:02:35 AM Eastern Standard Time, BILLS@hsc.edu
writes:

<< I usually hate me-too messages, but in this case I have to chime in.  I've
 done a fair amount of talking about irises since my book came out, and this
 is by far the most successful approach for groups that need an introduction
 to the genus. >>

I agree.  I also do a fair amount of talking about irises... and I know that
the two things folks are most interested in are what types are available for
the garden and how to grow them.

Since my audience is in the northeast, I HAVE to talk about iris borers
(people think it's a plague ... or it's in the soil ... or their nurseryman
tells them to spray something ridiculous.  And at the very end, I give the
'commercial'.

My next big gig is in New York City... New York Horticultural Society.  And I
plan to have copies of Bill Shear's book available for the annointed.

Kathy Guest... in the Buffalo Burbs where - for something novel, we had
freezing RAIN, followed by 4 more inches of snow.