Re: was marketing...now Publicity

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 1/15/1999 5:28:58 AM Central Standard Time,
Irisborer@aol.com writes:

<< 1.  direct mail >>

Kathy, direct mail is very expensive, even with postcards.  We've not tried a
general show alert this way.  We reserve the direct mailing for people who
have shown an interest in irises and want to be reminded when our rhizome sale
is scheduled.  Our club finds a variety of ways to get the names of people
that visit our shows.  A guest register is great if you make sure you get the
complete address.  Or you can have a list for those who want to be reminded.

We have a couple of tables set up at our show.  One is for AIS business (of
course)!  The other table is for rhizome sales.  We take orders from the show
tables and the display garden.  Members supply rhizomes of what they have
shown, when and if possible.

Local telephone calls can be made to remind people of iris events if you get
phone #'s.

Betty from BG