Re: HYB:HIST: figuring out the ancestors

From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>

Linda Mann writes...

>In offlist help from Sharon McAllister, she sez that the book GARDEN
>IRISES has an appendix of chromosome counts that is helpful in sorting
>out heredity of ancestral cultivars that don't go all the way to back to
>species in the checklists.  At least the diploids, triploids, and
>tetraploids can be sorted out.

Puting it on the web sounded like a good idea.

I am a poor typer, my OCR is only 99 99/44ths pure and that means MISTEAKS.
Please give me bug reports.

I will leave the species to SIGNA, BIS species group or others who have a
better excuse for putting it up. I don't want to poach or encroach and that
is probably not HIPS cup of tea.

Mike