HYB: Rolling the Dice

From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>

Betty wrote:

>  Several TB hybridizer have seen fit to introduce many irises from just
one
>  cross.
>  B. Blyth introduced six or more from Tomorrow's Child X Magic Man.  Each
is
>  distinctively different and I've purchased most of them at one time or
>  another.

And Jeff Walters added a more:

>   SAN FRANCISCO and LOS ANGELES
>   Bob Innes' pair from Whole Cloth X Glamorous, CAPE IVORY and LUSCIOUS
>   LEMON
>   The IB sibs that Barry Blyth introduced from the same cross, DAIQUIRI,
>   POSH, ROMP, and STRUM
>    THE IB pair from Chubby Cheeks X Jesse's Song, LEVITY (Aitken) and CEE
JAY
>   (Lankow), but this may not count since even though it was the same
cross,
>  it was made by different people.

All true -- and completely beside the point.  Of course there are many
cases in which distinctive sibs have been introduced.  I've  introduced
quite a few myself -- for example:  COPE GOODWIN, MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION,
PALIMPSEST, & VIVACIOUS VI.  The key is that they are distinctive ones, not
lookalikes.   I had three excellent blue bitones with large signals in the
final cut from that cross -- but I considered it inappropriate to introduce
more than one of them.

Sharon McAllister
73372.1745@compuserve.com